If effective software testing is a top priority, HP UFT could be the solution you are looking for. Formerly known as QuickTest Professional (QTP), UFT, is one of the most popular automated testing tools, and is a powerhouse when it comes to effective automated testing of software programs. With excellent data-driven testing features and the ability to use Unified Functional Testing for both web-based and client server applications, this testing solution should be considered as a solution by every software development professional.
Why Your Software Needs UFT
To produce a functional finished product that offers a positive user experience, software tests need to be repeated frequently during development cycles. Software tests should be repeated for each modification of source code, and all software releases should be tested on all supported operating systems under different supported hardware configurations.
To manually perform all of the testing necessary to achieve optimum functionality would be both time-consuming and expensive. Automated testing using UFT allows for the necessary testing to be performed regularly, at a lower cost and at a higher speed than manual testing. Automated testing also provides other benefits for developers including:
- Better accuracy: Manual testing can become monotonous and mistakes can be made by even skilled testers. Unified Functional Testing reduces the potential for human error and ensures that the same steps are performed for all tests, with detailed results accurately recorded every time.
- Broader coverage: With the help of skilled outside testing consultants, automated texts can be designed with more complexity that deal with more features of your software solutions. UFT makes it possible to look inside applications, and to run tests using multiple configurations on different computers simultaneously. Unified Functional Testing also allows for simulation of thousands of virtual users to ensure that the network and applications can stand up to high traffic situations. The more in-depth the testing, the more likely it is problems can be identified and corrected.
- Earlier identification of problems: Problems can be caught quickly, especially when source code changes are made, and the team and developer can be notified right away when issues arise. This makes it possible to take corrective action for problems before the source code undergoes significant changes and problems become harder to identify. Prompt identification of problems also reduces the risk of building program features based on faulty code.
- Use on different frameworks: Experienced consultants can build a variety of custom frameworks using UFT, including data-driven framework; modular-driven framework; and keyword-driven framework.
- Accurate and comprehensive log-reports and appropriate error messages. UFT offers detailed log reports and makes it easy to identify problems. Root cause analysis is easier with more information.
- Re-usability. Test Scripts, objects, functions and anything else that was built when using UFT can be stored and re-used to ensure reliable and accurate ongoing testing with a minimal time investment.
For these and many other reasons, Unified Functional Testing is embraced by developers who understand the importance of regular automated testing. Speak with a software testing consultant today who can help determine if UFT is the right choice for your project. The professionals at etesting.com can help you to start the process of automated testing using UFT today.