Managed Service – Mannesman ipulsys
Prior to the Vodafone acquisition, ipulsys was created as the Pan-European entity for the Mannesmann group with an aggressive plan to launch a range of services in a single ‘big-bang’ release.
With just 1 month before launch date, there was an urgent need for a complete, independent Operational Readiness Testing (ORT) team to take immediate ownership of end-to-end business enterprise testing.
As part of the ORT team, e-testing consultants:
- Initially conducted a rapid audit to determine level of testing required to limit the risk of failure on launch date
- Developed a benefit based test strategy, to test only the processes most likely to be used during initial launch
- Developed defect tracking system, to ensure that developers were able to address priority issues in quick time
- Liaised with a number of suppliers involved in delivering the systems
- Completed assignment on target before moving on to 2 further phases of testing.