BDD Cucumber WebDriver
This comprehensive course covers all the essential principles to get you up and running in Behaviour-Driven Development of Cucumber and WebDriver Tests.
Designed for beginners of BDD and Cucumber, it takes the new-comer through all the basic techniques of writing Feature Files in Gherkin, to writing the associated Step Definitions and code in Cucumber & WebDriver to executing from the command line.
Throughout the course practical examples are demonstrated, and the delegates get to practice what they have learned in each chapter against a Web training application.
This course is priced at £695 per delegate excluding VAT.
Select a date to book a place:
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for newcomers to BDD and Cucumber. There are some course pre-requesites:
• A basic understanding of writing Selenium WebDriver Scripts
• Some programming experience would be advantageous – The course is based on using WebDriver with Java & Junit, but does not teach you Java as you can use a variety of programming languages with WebDriver and Cucumber
- Understand the required installs and libraries to use Cucumber
- Understand how to structure your automated Cucumber project
- Gain a full understanding of how to write good Gherkin and Step Definitions
- Understand how refactor and re-use common Methods for Steps
- By the end of the course you should have a thorough understanding of how to develop well-written Feature Files and Scenarios, How to manage Step Definitions and write associated Methods, how to organise the Cucumber project and how to integrate into the POM framework
- Introduction to BDD
- Introduction to Gherkin
- More Gherkin
- Installation of the Cucumber Framework
- Step Definitions & Code Binding
- Deconstructing Step Definitions and Regular Expressions
- Extending the code
- Integrating Cucumber into the POM