QA Test Analyst
Posted: 19/02/2014 A QA Test Analyst is required to monitor systems and third party services at an innovative technology company.
The business is the world leader in delivering on-demand Hospitality Solutions and Software-as-a-Service. As a QA Test Analyst you will identify issues, investigate reported problems and resolve them. You will use the provided defect tracking tools to raise issues for the Systems Support team to resolve and will need to follow up on these issues through to their resolution and closure. Your role will include providing daily and weekly statistical reports to the infrastructure team on how the applications are performing. You will have an eye for detail and be able to notice trends and potential problem documents, suppliers or platform performance issues which need addressing.
The QA Test Analyst will join a young vibrant company that understands the importance of staff welfare. They develop their staff to ensure that they can deliver and support our cutting-edge solutions effectively, quickly whilst having fun and building great relationships with customers.
About the role – QA Test Analyst:
You will be someone with background and experience in software support (web-based or otherwise) with some basic testing experience, who can work individually and in a team environment. You will be self-motivated and have a passion for quality. You should have 1+ years’ experience working in a software environment ideally understanding of software architecture, SQL Server based systems preferred. You must also have good excel and reporting skills. Attention to detail is a key skill in this role and you must have good analytical and problem solving skills. You will possess good communication skills and must be proactive in finding, resolving and escalating issues. You must have the ability to be a “self-starter” who identifies resolves and reports on issues in a timely and effective manner. This role is ideal for someone with ambition, energy and who is looking for a step into the software industry.
- Background and experience in software support (web-based or otherwise)
- Basic knowledge of databases
- Understanding of software architecture, SQL Server based systems preferred
- Understanding what XSL is and how to apply them to XML files
- Understanding and reading XML files
- Understanding of SMTP/ FTP/ AS2 / EDI transmissions
- Experience in writing SQL queries
- Experience in Software Testing
- Background in a Support environment
- Great logical and analytical abilities Excellent in problem solving
- Customer facing experience
- High level of time management and organisational abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- MS Office skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet Explorer
Good to have:
- Understanding of different text files (e.g. CSV)
- Experience with message queuing applications (non-essential)
- Salesforce (non-essential)