Test Consultant (Manual Testing)London, UK
£30,000 - £40,000
Posted: 28/11/2016 Test Analyst / Consultant needed, with good project experience, for client based assignments predominantly in the London area. You will be highly technical, have a minimum of 3 years testing experience, including working in agile teams. You will be a certified tester, at a minimum of Foundation level (ISTQB) and used to working closely with developers, business analysts and project managers. We have a wide range of blue chip and public sector clients, in multiple verticals using a variety of technologies. Experience of law or consulting firm applications would be beneficial – finance, time recording and document management systems. There will be plenty of opportunity to improve your skill set and grow with the role as we expand the business. We provide support and full training in software testing, as well as testing tools to enable our consultants to provide maximum value to our clients. Ideally you will be used to manual testing and looking for the opportunity to break into test automation or develop these skills.
You should have a good understanding of web based technologies and protocols and databases.
Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of producing clear and concise summary reports, status updates, as well as the usual testing related documentation. You must have experience of estimating timescales for projects and documenting the scope of testing in test plans.
- 3 years testing experience
- Good understanding of web technologies and protocols
- Good understanding of relational databases
- HP Quality Center / ALM
- Business Application Testing experience – CRM, ERP, Document Management
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle development and testing and experience of working on projects
- Experience of working in a variety of different technical environments, including Oracle, SQL server, Java and web based applications
- HP Unified Functional Testing automation knowledge / experience
- Personal Requirements
- Very Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly
£30,000 - £40,000