Test Analyst (6 Months)London, UK
Posted: 25/03/2014 Global leader in the provision of global mobile satellite communications are seeking an experienced test analyst. Boasting the most versatile and reliable satellite network in the world, our client has the capability to deliver innovative services and solutions to a global market.
The IT division at this client is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting IT infrastructure and applications providing office and business support systems to the business across the globe. The Group Test Strategy Team (G-TST) role is to provide test services to Group IT and the wider business. This requires the team to support a wide range of systems and applications including office support, business support & telecommunication operating support systems.
The primary focus of the role will be to define and execute test plans and cases , under the guidance of the Head of Group Test Strategy Team, to support a wide range of application and infrastructure development projects.
The G-TST provides support from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday; however, the team may be required to provide out of hours support when system upgrades are being applied or new services are being launched.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Develop an understanding of project objectives, requirements and technologies
- Create Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Completion Reports
- Execute Test Plans and Cases
- Follow defined Test processes and standards
- Develop and execute regression test suites for system upgrades
Essential knowledge and skills:
- At least five years’s experience of BI/DWH Testing
- At least five years’ of experience in a system test role
- At least three years’ experience of a leading test tool (preferably HP ALM)
- A good understanding of RDBMS, Data Warehousing techniques, PL/SQL and SQL
- An understanding of Unix & Windows operating environments
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Self-organised and able to work unsupervised
- Good communication and people skills
- Good team working skills.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of designing and defining test plans and scripts
- Experience of mobile/telecommunications industry
- Web Application testing.