Test AnalystLondon, UK
Posted: 25/03/2014 Global leader in the provision of global mobile satellite communications are seeking an experienced test analyst. Boasting the most versatile and reliable satellite network in the world, our client has the capability to deliver innovative services and solutions to a global market.
The IT division at this client is responsible for developing, maintaining and supporting IT infrastructure and applications providing office and business support systems to the business across the globe. The Group Test Strategy Team (G-TST) role is to provide test services to Group IT and the wider business. This requires the team to support a wide range of systems and applications including office support, business support & telecommunication operating support systems.
The primary focus of the role will be to define and execute test plans and cases , under the guidance of the Head of Group Test Strategy Team, to support a wide range of application and infrastructure development projects.
The G-TST provides support from 9 to 5, Monday to Friday; however, the team may be required to provide out of hours support when system upgrades are being applied or new services are being launched.
Key responsibilities of the position:
- Develop an understanding of project objectives, requirements and technologies
- Create Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Completion Reports
- Execute Test Plans and Cases
- Follow defined Test processes and standards
- Develop and execute regression test suites Billing System releases
Carry out the above tasks for a wide range of Business projects covering:
- Business Support Systems (London/St Johns)
- Rating & Billing
- Invoice Generation (Retail/Wholesale)
- Network Mediation.
- Enterprise Application Integration
Which qualities are fundamentally important to this job?
- Should develop long-term collaboration with Group IT Delivery Teams and Business Analysts
- Provide accurate estimates for Testing effort and ensure Project Managers, Developers and Lead Test Analysts are always informed of progress and issues
- Have a good understanding of current, new and emerging Testing Techniques
- Looks to utilise Testing Tools and Resources more effectively to increase the scope and breadth of the testing offered by G-TST
- Inspired Communication
- Provide testing support to teams within and outside of Group IT
- Provide Project Managers with testing analysis to enable them to make informed decisions about the quality of software under test
- Take personal accountability for ideas and make them happen
- Explore the boundaries on testing methodologies and look at innovative ways of improving the testing process within the organisation
Essential knowledge and skills:
- At least five years’ testing experience of CSG Singleview
- At least five years’ of experience in a system test role
- At least five years’ experience of a leading test tool (preferably HP ALM)
- An understanding of RDBMS and SQL
- An understanding of Unix & Windows operating environments
- Experience working with Microsoft Office
- Self-organised and able to work unsupervised
- Good communication and people skills
- Good team working skills.
Desirable knowledge, skills and experience:
- Experience of designing and defining test plans and scripts
- Experience of mobile/telecommunications industry
- Web Application testing