Test Analyst (Manual/Automated)London
£275 - £325 Per Day
Posted: 13/03/2014 Urgent requirement for a contract Technical Test Analyst who will join an in-house test team and help improve and expand testing capabilities by managing a rapidly changing workload, prioritising and flagging up issues as they occur.
The post-holder will be required to have demonstrable knowledge of Manual Testing as well as using a full suite of Automated test cases with the ability to identify, analyse, design & document problems with software applications following an established QA methodology.
Role and Responsibilities:-
- Involved in functional test analysis, test design, Scripting (manual/automated) and execution along with defect management and reporting
- Testing projects, identifying product risks associated with each new product and using this information to agree the test scope with the project team, business and technical team
- Identify tests required to validate new/changed functionality and confirm documented requirements/designs are met by the solution
- Maintaining and executing manual/automated regression test packs for current systems to allow regression testing to be executed in a standard, consistent and controlled manner
- Responsible for setting up data, tools, databases to support integrated test environments.
- Work with the development team to understand how changes in the software product affect maintenance of test scripts and the QA automated testing environments.
- Proficient in testing Web Services.
- Work closely with the development staff to ensure that issues/defects are dealt with in a timely and professional manner.
- Develop and maintain any of smoke, performance, functional and regression tests to ensure code is functioning as designed.
- Identify and propose areas of improvement throughout the software development process.
- Conduct root cause analysis of identified defects, providing development/business partners with sufficient details to understand, replicate and resolve the defect.
- Ensure that defects and requirement variances are being appropriately communicated to development for correction.
- Work with business resources to understand purpose and concept for software features.
- At least 3 years of experience designing and developing manual/automated test scenarios.
- Exposure to software release/build process/SDLC required.
- Experience in testing web and reporting services applications preferably in a .NET environment.
- Experience in Microsoft Test Manager, SOAP UI and Code UI Test will be preferred.
In line with the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies JNC Recruitment are acting as an Employment Business.
£275 - £325 Per Day