The roles will vary slightly depending on the type of test consultancy required. Some general objectives are:
- To provide an excellent standard of service to the customer
- To successfully carry out all tasks stated in this role in a timely and efficient manner
- To follow company processes and procedures while carrying out the tasks where deemed necessary
- Successfully complete/have completed the ISEB Foundation course
Staff sent to client sites will have their project responsibilities defined within the project planning stage. Whilst on client sites the Test Manager is responsible for controlling the quality of the services on that site. Each company has scope defined together with roles and responsibilities for each consultant.
- The candidate must have proven testing experience with full Software Testing lifecycle knowledge
- Must be ISEB qualified or willing to gain the qualification upon immediate start at e-testing
- Proven track record using test tools, creating test scripts, test data
- Test planning and management experience would be a bonus
- It would be beneficial to have experience of Defect tracking systems and configuration management tools
- Must be able to work alone or within a team depending on the situation
- Strong team player, with confidence to question developers and communicate to business user acceptance testing staff in appropriate language
- Must have excellent references and proof of qualifications
- As this position is with a small company the consultant may be required to perform in-house duties when not on client site. Duties may include improving ISO procedures, gaining new testing knowledge, training on testing tools.
Test consultants duties will involve:
- Test Planning
- Test ware acquisition-test tools, test scripts, test data
- Test Execution
- Weekly reporting
- Issue/defect tracking
- SUT measurement
- Reviews and analysis
- Test management
Responsibilities include static testing of design documents, identifying what needs to be tested, then creating conditions, scripts and associated data. Following this conduct the test, raising defects for any variances identified in accordance with defined standards and test any associated fixes.
Determine whether the project deliverables function and perform as designed and that there has been not degradation.
Ensuring that defects are identified and advised to delivery teams either to enable their correction prior to the system delivery being made to the business, or so that the business are aware of resident problems.
Specialist roles available
Automated Test Consultants – expertise in automated tools make specialist roles.
Contact Jon Binks Phone: 020-8905 2761