Web Test ConsultantLondon
Posted: 26/09/2016 Web Test Consultant / Analyst needed, with good Agile experience, for client based assignments predominantly in the London area. You will be highly technical, have a minimum of 3-4 years testing experience with experience working in agile teams in a Scrum environment. You will be a certified tester, at a minimum of Foundation level (ISTQB) and used to working closely with developers, business analysts and product owners as part of an agile team, delivering leading edge web based technical solutions for our clients.
Ideally you will have some experience of test automation – some Behavioural Driven Development (Behat) experience would also be useful but is not essential as training will be given.
You must have a good understanding of the web, preferable with experience using and testing Content Management Systems (CMS). You will also have some knowledge of relational databases, including SQL – MySQL.
Must be a pro-active and outspoken team member with excellent communication skills, capable of producing clear and concise summary reports, status updates, as well as the usual testing related documentation. You must have experience of estimating timescales for testing user stories and presenting them confidently to a group, plus documenting them in test plans.
- 3-4 years testing experience
- Agile environment experience – SCRUM, continuous integration
- Good understanding of web technologies, HTTP, HTML, Content Management, Cookies, DNS etc.
- Ability to write test plans, reports
- A good understanding of the software development life cycle development and testing and experience of working on projects
- Experience of working in a variety of different technical environments, including Oracle, SQL server, Java and web based applications
- Development experience / knowledge: PHP, HTML, Java
- Test automation experience / performance testing knowledge
- BDD knowledge – Behat
- Very Good communication skills (written and spoken)
- Needs to be highly technical, capable of integrating with a development team and assisting with unit as well as system level tests
- It is essential that the candidate is committed, energetic and enthusiastic about testing
- Needs to be practical and proactive
- Should be able to grasp concepts quickly and appreciate implications of decisions
- Able to work well autonomously, with a focus on delivery
- Eagerness to learn and an aptitude for picking things up quickly