iSQI CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation Level
Mobile devices and apps have become hugely important to modern society in a very short space of time. Millions of global users rely on mobile applications to manage a range of increasingly varied tasks. It is imperative that IT professionals remain up to date with the latest advancements in mobile technology in order to recognise the ever changing impacts on testing, security and performance.
A Mobile App Testing professional is able to support the requirements team with the review of a mobile app, enhance the user experience through a strong understanding of usability and apply appropriate methods of testing that are unique to mobile devices. The CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation course gives a solid overview of the mobile device market and the most important trends, whilst addressing key topics that include; The Challenges of Mobile App Testing, The Mobile Test Process and Mobile Performance Testing.
Delegates on this course will receive an excellent introduction and understanding of Mobile App Testing through a variety of exercises and examples. This course is delivered by industry experienced testing practitioners at several UK locations.
The CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation course is priced at £800 per delegate, and includes all course materials, lunch, refreshments and the iSQI exam fee. VAT is not included. Courses can be arranged at your offices for group bookings of 4 or more delegates, these can be run on the normal 2 day basis or, for less experienced groups, over longer periods – allowing extra time for practical exercises and discussion. Contact us for full details or a quote.
Although there are no formal prerequisites for attending this course, e-testing recommends that delegates attend the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level Course, before attending the CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation course.
Select the location of your choice, then click a date to book a place:
Who is this Course Suitable For?
The CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation course is suited to IT professionals working in software QA and software testing. Ideally, delegates on this course will have already attended the ISTQB Certified Tester Foundation Level course, or possess 2 years of experience within software testing.
What our Students Say:
- “Totally opened my eyes to a number of things I would not have thought of”
- “We will use and take back some of the techniques we’ve learn’t into the workplace”
- “Highlighted a lot of important things and issues which we hadn’t considered before”
- “We thought we did mobile testing before the course, it turns out our organisation hadn’t yet undertaken real, mobile testing”
A CMAP Certified Mobile App Testing professional can:
- Assist in the adaptation of existing testing processes for testing mobile applications
- Support the requirements team with the review of mobile applications
- Build upon existing testing experience and knowledge to test mobile applications specifically
- Identify and apply appropriate methods for testing of characteristics unique to mobile technology
- Apply appropriate techniques for testing in a mobile application project
- Identify and use the appropriate tools to assist in mobile application testing including emulators and simulators
- Assist the mobile application team in identifying potential test automation activities and the corresponding tools
- Improve user experience through a strong understanding of usability
- Gain the ability to identify and apply appropriate methods of testing, including the proper usage of tools that are unique to mobile technology
- Assist with identifying the requirements for a test lab when carrying out mobile app testing
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Overview of the Mobile World
- Business Models in Mobile Space
- Overview of Mobile Devices
- Different Types of Mobile Applications
- Mobile Application Architecture
- Development Platform for Mobile Applications
Module 3: Mobile Application Test Types
- Challenges of Mobile Application Testing
- Testing in the Mobile Space
- Emulators & Simulators
- Differences in Mobile & Conventional Application Testing
- Mobile Testing Types
Module 4: Mobile Application Test Process & Techniques
- Mobile Application Test Process and Strategy
- Test Design Techniques used for Mobile Testing
- Experience Based Testing Techniques
Module 5: Tools and Automation
- Automation Approaches
- Automation Solutions
- Automation Process
- Exploring Mobile Automation Tools
- Test Environment and Test Lab
The exam is included within the course and comprises of a 1 hour multiple-choice exam. This will take place on day 2 of the course. To successfully pass the exam, delegates must achieve a 65% grade.
The CMAP Scheme
The CMAP© Mobile App Testing Foundation course forms the first step in a broader program of certifications in mobile technology. The other topics which form the larger CMAP scheme are:
- Certified Mobile Application Professional – Test Automation
- Certified Mobile Application Professional – Load and Performance Testing
- Certified Mobile Application Professional – Security Testing