In addition to our standard health check (which includes an assessment of the use of tools and test automation generally), we also offer a dedicated test automation review service, carried out by a tools specialist. Our experienced consultants take an impartial, detailed look at the test automation in use within an organisation. This includes looking at what tools are used, the skills within the team and the level / scope of automation, along with the rate of change of functionality of the application. A full audit of automated functionality can be carried out, so it can be optimised to obtain the maximum benefit from running automated regression scripts. e-testing consultants can re-write automated scripts to make them more efficient as well as supplementing existing scripts to cover additional functionality.
- Checks whether automated testing is focused on the areas where most benefit can be realised
- Ensures that where frameworks are being used that they are optimised, current and reflect the applications under test
- Where standards are in place, that they are being followed and that they are appropriate
- Gaugues whether expertise of staff using automation tools is appropriate and whether any additional training / mentoring is required
- Recommends guidelines and best practice, to ensure that future tests are developed in the best and most consistent manner