A Software Testing Health Check by e-testing can determine the effectiveness and benefit of the current testing practices within an organisation, to be able to offer targeted recommendations to improve, based on experience and industry best practice. The health check is a strategic review and involves a deep dive investigation into the testing process, tools, test team, as well as the testing done by the development team. The engagement involves interviews with key staff, reviews of documentation, metrics and processes, in order to assess the efficiency of an organisation’s test process. The output of this exercise is a report and a set of prioritised recommendations on how to improve. Industry standard benchmarks are used to provide a formal measure of maturity of the test process, along with an ordered list of improvements to be carried out to best improve it.
- On site consultancy engagement
- Agile, Waterfall and Hybrid development models
- Typically 5-10 days, depending on scope
- Kick off meeting defines scope, organisation and assets for investigation
- Scope typically includes all phases of testing, tools, team, organisation, process and metrics
- Output is a comprehensive report that details good and bad practices, with recommendations on where to improve maturity levels